Guidelines for Earning Points for the CBM BrewMaster of the Year
- Eligibility - Only active CBM Members with their dues currently paid are eligible to receive points. Any CBM Member who has not paid their dues cannot receive points, and may only begin receiving points again when their dues are current.
- Points - Brewers will earn points for entering beers and/or meads in CBoY competitions, CBM Monthly Club Tastings, the AHA Nationals Competition and AHA Club-Only Competitions. Brewers will also receive points for hosting brew sessions, tasting sessions, organizing club education sessions in club meetings, etc. A full list of scoring events is listed below. All beer, cider and mead entries judged at a given competition will be eligible to receive points.
- Winning - At the Holiday Christmas party, the winner of the Carolina BrewMaster of the Year will receive a prize (valued over $150) and a plaque describing their accomplishment.
- CBM BoY Raffles - Every person who earned points towards the Carolina BrewMaster of the Year title will earn a raffle ticket, which can be used at a raffle of homebrewing supplies, fine beers and other prizes at the Christmas Party. 1 point = 1 ticket. These tickets will not be available for sale, so the only way to get them is to earn Carolina BrewMaster of the Year points.
- Points Tally - we will keep a running tally of all points earned on the CBM website and announcements will be made throughout the year regarding standings and status of the competition.
CBM Rookie of the year Competition
Rules and Regulations
- Eligibility - New, active CBM members with their dues currently paid; eligibility will be based on a new CBM membership in the calendar year and points will be distributed in the same manner listed above.
- Winning - At the CBM Christmas party the winner of Rookie of the Year will receive a prize (valued at over $50) and a plaque describing their accomplishment.